Bathroom design is often a subject that is largely overlooked because most home owners tend to focus largely on living space, bedrooms and the kitchen. But with growing interest bathroom sales each year, it is obvious that there are more and more consumers who now understand the value of a stylish and contemporary bath space that fits in with the theme of the rest of the home.
Of course, that does not mean we can always magically change over to a whole new bathroom and most often remodeling and renovation are the best options to go about. Here are a few simple tips and ideas that will help in giving your existing bathroom a modern and refined touch in a sensible and smart fashion —
- One of the simplest ways to give your more traditional bathroom a contemporary touch is by integrating a cool and if possible ‘unusual’ mirror that brings the entire area to life. What type of mirror you use depends on your existing theme and color scheme of your bathroom, but by adding a mirror you bring about more visual space, a sparkling surface that brings textural variety and additional brightness thanks to the reflective plane.
- A floating bathroom vanity with sink is an ideal addition to most modern bathrooms and that is all the more true in case of those that are challenged for space. Since these wall fixtures do not take up foots pace, they too tend to usher in an airy and spacious appeal, much like the use of a classy mirror.
- Minimalism is the current trend and hence it is best to have décor and accessories that are sleek, stylish and have a clean and well defined look. Wall mounted toilet units win in-wall tanks can really change the face of your bathroom without looking as if they are trying too hard.
- Try to go green with all your latest additions and installations. Low-flush toilets, low-flow shower heads, eco-friendly tiles and cool LED lighting combine to offer not just a chic and tasteful makeover, but also save up on both power and water bills in the long run.
- A small shower area with a glass enclosure and frameless glass doors is all the rave currently. It is not very demanding on space and can offer your bathroom an instant face-lift that allows you to get a spa-like experience at home.
- Use tile patterns to enhance the existing interior in the form of an accent wall, a glass tile backsplash or even mosaic tile flooring. Ergonomic tile designs in earthly tones help create a relaxing atmosphere.
- Use whatever is in place as much as possible and in some cases a professional relining can be the cost-effective solution. Add a beautiful painting or some art work as bathroom art gives the space an inimitable look.